| [Download PDF]
|Year : 1991 | Volume
| Issue : 4 | Page : 236--241
Beneficial effect of oral zinc in the treatment of oral submucous fibrosis
A Kumar1, SC Sharma2, P Sharma3, OM Chandra4, KC Singhal5, Nagar Amit6
1. Oral submucous fibrosis (OSMF) an insiduous, chronic disease affects the oral cavity and on progression may result in partial or even total closure of mouth.
2. 82 patients of OSMF selected from OPD«SQ»s of ENT and Dental surgery, J. N. Medical College Hospital, Aligarh were selected for the study to evaluate the therapeutic role of zinc alone or in combination with either vitamin A or local cortisone in OSMF. 100 healthy volunteers of matching age and sex served as control.
3. Oral zinc therapy either alone or in combination with pharmacological doses of oral vitamin A proved to be significantly better for the treatment of grade I and II patients.
4. Oral zinc in combination with local cortisone therapy proved to be significantly better than currently preferred local cortisone therapy in grade III patients
5. Study proves a beneficial role of oral zinc in therapy of OSMF.
|How to cite this article:|
Kumar A, Sharma S C, Sharma P, Chandra O M, Singhal K C, Amit N. Beneficial effect of oral zinc in the treatment of oral submucous fibrosis.Indian J Pharmacol 1991;23:236-241
|How to cite this URL:|
Kumar A, Sharma S C, Sharma P, Chandra O M, Singhal K C, Amit N. Beneficial effect of oral zinc in the treatment of oral submucous fibrosis. Indian J Pharmacol [serial online] 1991 [cited 2022 Jun 30 ];23:236-241
Available from: https://www.ijp-online.com/article.asp?issn=0253-7613;year=1991;volume=23;issue=4;spage=236;epage=241;aulast=Kumar;type=0