| [Download PDF]
|Year : 1990 | Volume
| Issue : 2 | Page : 78--84
Effects of chronic Ethinyl estradiol treatment on the sensitivity of isolated rat vas deferens to various agonists
JD Bhatt1, OD Gulati2
1. In the present study ethinyl estradiol (EE) was administered chronically in dose of 1.5 mg/kg/day intramuscularly for 3 weeks and the sensitivity of isolated vas deferens of rat to various agonists was studied.
2. Chronic EE treatment significantly (P>0.05) decreased the EC50 values of norepinephrine (NE) and potassium chloride (KCl), while the EC50 values of acetylcholine, phenylephrine and methoxamine were unaltered.
3. Surgical denervation and acute in vitro pretreatment with cocaine (1 x 10-5M) of vas deferens, abolished the potentiating effects of chronic EE treatment on NE responses.
4. Phentolamine (1 x 10-6 ), a prototype alpha-blocker, also abolished the potentiating effects of EE treatment on KC1 responses.
5. It is concluded that chronic EE treatment of rat resulted in specific supersensitivity of vas deferens to NE, which is mediated through neuronal uptake blocking property.
J D Bhatt
|How to cite this article:|
Bhatt J D, Gulati O D. Effects of chronic Ethinyl estradiol treatment on the sensitivity of isolated rat vas deferens to various agonists.Indian J Pharmacol 1990;22:78-84
|How to cite this URL:|
Bhatt J D, Gulati O D. Effects of chronic Ethinyl estradiol treatment on the sensitivity of isolated rat vas deferens to various agonists. Indian J Pharmacol [serial online] 1990 [cited 2021 Sep 27 ];22:78-84
Available from: https://www.ijp-online.com/article.asp?issn=0253-7613;year=1990;volume=22;issue=2;spage=78;epage=84;aulast=Bhatt;type=0