| [Download PDF]
|Year : 1989 | Volume
| Issue : 3 | Page : 58--67
Interactions of captopril with some autonomic drugs on guinea-pig vas deferens
JD Bhatt1, DL Gaekwad2, OD Gulati3, SG Gurbani4, A Kaul5
1. Effects of captopril on responses to various agonists were investigated in isolated guinea-pig vas deferens.
2. Captopril(2.3 x lO-4M) enhanced the contractile responses to noradrenaline (NA), phenylephrine (PE) and to field stimulation (1 Hz and 10 Hz) but did not affect those to potassium chloride and histamine.
3. Single or combined treatment with normetanephrine (1.2x lO-5M), pargyline (5.2 x 10-5M) and tropolone (2 x 10-6M) enhanced the NA responses; addition of captopril, produced further potentiation of NA response.
4. Treatment with cocaine (1 x 10-5M) or combined treatment with cocaine and normetanephrine, pargyline and tropolone caused potentiation of the NA responses and these enhanced responses remained unaltered in the presence of captopril.
5. It is concluded that captopril induced potentiation of the NA responses in guinea-pig vas deferens may be mediated through its neuronal uptake blocking property.
J D Bhatt
|How to cite this article:|
Bhatt J D, Gaekwad D L, Gulati O D, Gurbani S G, Kaul A. Interactions of captopril with some autonomic drugs on guinea-pig vas deferens.Indian J Pharmacol 1989;21:58-67
|How to cite this URL:|
Bhatt J D, Gaekwad D L, Gulati O D, Gurbani S G, Kaul A. Interactions of captopril with some autonomic drugs on guinea-pig vas deferens. Indian J Pharmacol [serial online] 1989 [cited 2022 Aug 10 ];21:58-67
Available from: https://www.ijp-online.com/article.asp?issn=0253-7613;year=1989;volume=21;issue=3;spage=58;epage=67;aulast=Bhatt;type=0