| [Download PDF]
|Year : 1989 | Volume
| Issue : 1 | Page : 1--89
Abstracts of papers, 21st Annual conference, Dec.29-31, 1988, Regional Research Laboratory, Hyderabad.
1. Pharmacokinetic studies of sulphacetamide (SAC), sulphadimidine (SDM) and sulphanilamide (SNL) were conducted in West African Dwarf (WAD) goats injected iv at dose rate of 50 mg/kg.
2. The semilogarithmic graph of plasma concentration-time profile of these sulphonamides exhibited biphasic decline suggestive of 2-compartment open model kinetics.
3. The mean elimination half life of SAC and SNL, was 1.88 and 4.39 h respectively; however, it was 3.04 and 11.06 h respectively for goats with fast and slow SDM-disposition.
4. The respective apparent volume of distribution, Vd (area) of SAC and SNL was 0.87 and 0.48 l/kg; for SDM it was 0.33 and 0.29 l/kg for animals with fast and slow SDM disposition.
5. The approximate degree of in vitro and in vivo binding of SAC (12-16%) and SNL (22- 24%) to plasma protein was independent of drug concentration whereas that of SDM showed inverse relationship with drug concentration (40 and 60% binding with 300 and 10 ęg/ml).
|How to cite this article:|
IPS. Abstracts of papers, 21st Annual conference, Dec.29-31, 1988, Regional Research Laboratory, Hyderabad. Indian J Pharmacol 1989;21:1-89
|How to cite this URL:|
IPS. Abstracts of papers, 21st Annual conference, Dec.29-31, 1988, Regional Research Laboratory, Hyderabad. Indian J Pharmacol [serial online] 1989 [cited 2021 Sep 26 ];21:1-89
Available from: https://www.ijp-online.com/article.asp?issn=0253-7613;year=1989;volume=21;issue=1;spage=1;epage=89;aulast=IPS;type=0