| [Download PDF]
|Year : 1988 | Volume
| Issue : 2 | Page : 67--74
Mechanism of acute pressor response to cadmium chloride
R Balaraman1, OD Gulati2, JD Bhatt3, SP Rathod4, KG Hemavathi5
1. In rats, acute I.V. administration of CdCl2 (0.5 and 1 mg/kg) produced a depressor response followed by a pressor response while the acute i.p. administration of CdC12 (0.5 and 1 mg/kg) produced only a pressor.response.
2. The blood pressure responses to a low dose of NA (0.5 (g/kg) was significantly reduced after the acute i.v. CdCI2( 1 mg/kg) administration while those to higher doses were not morliiied.
3. He amethonium (10 mg/kg. i.v.), phentolemine (5 mg/kg, i.v.). propranolol (2 mg/kg, i.v.) or indomethscin (20 mg/ kg i.p.) did not modify the pressor response to CdC12 (i.v. and i.p.).
4. Acute reserpinisation. bilateral adrenalectomy or chemical sympathectomy by guanethidine did not modify the acute pressor response to CdCl2 (i.v. and i.p.).
5. Verapemil(0.5, 1 and 2 mg/kg, i.v.) or nifedipine (0.25 and 0.5 mg/kg, i.v.) prevented the acute pressor response to CdC12 (i.v. and i.p.)
6. It s concluded that cadmium might mimic calcium ion and produce a direct contractile effect on the vascular smooth muscle.
|How to cite this article:|
Balaraman R, Gulati O D, Bhatt J D, Rathod S P, Hemavathi K G. Mechanism of acute pressor response to cadmium chloride.Indian J Pharmacol 1988;20:67-74
|How to cite this URL:|
Balaraman R, Gulati O D, Bhatt J D, Rathod S P, Hemavathi K G. Mechanism of acute pressor response to cadmium chloride. Indian J Pharmacol [serial online] 1988 [cited 2022 Sep 27 ];20:67-74
Available from: https://www.ijp-online.com/article.asp?issn=0253-7613;year=1988;volume=20;issue=2;spage=67;epage=74;aulast=Balaraman;type=0