|Year : 2007 | Volume
| Issue : 2 | Page : 65
Publish your research in Indian Journal of Pharmacology
Chief Editor, Indian Journal of Pharmacology, The Chambers. 3rd Floor, Sarkhej-Gandhinagar Highway, Bodakdev, Ahmedabad - 380 054, India
Chief Editor, Indian Journal of Pharmacology, The Chambers. 3rd Floor, Sarkhej-Gandhinagar Highway, Bodakdev, Ahmedabad - 380 054
Source of Support: None, Conflict of Interest: None
|How to cite this article:|
Prakash S. Publish your research in Indian Journal of Pharmacology. Indian J Pharmacol 2007;39:65
First of all, thanks to all the readers who have responded to our new look in the February issue. I have received many emails, letters and phone calls to congratulate the new Editorial team for its efforts to make the journal look fresh and sleek. The encouraging words from all the readers inspire us to do more.
It is welcoming news that we are not only receiving research papers from India, but also from many other countries as well. It shows the popularity of Indian Journal of Pharmacology (IJP). I call for more quality research papers from all the scientists working in the area of Pharmacology for publication in IJP.
The journal has a new Editorial team and Editorial Board consisting of enthusiastic and high-energy individuals who are actively involved in research with great experience in their chosen field of specialization.
There are firm plans to make the journal more popular and professional:
- The journal will encourage rapid publication of high-quality research papers.
- Invite articles from eminent researchers.
- Publish hard-core basic pharmacology research.
- Publish more clinical research papers.
- Articles and research papers in the areas of mathematical and statistical applications to pharmacology will be encouraged.
- Articles and research papers on computer applications to pharmacology and pharmacokinetics will be encouraged.
- Articles and research papers on public health and epidemiology will be encouraged.
The journal also offers other facilities like:
- Web-based uploading of articles.
- Online tracking of progress.
- Putting all the articles on the web before printing.
- Free online access to articles for maximum visibility to authors.
- Archive of all the papers published in IJP available on CD from the Publisher for a nominal fee.
We are streamlining our Editorial team for speedy review of articles. The initial delay is due to setting up of new operations of the IJP office in Ahmedabad. We regret the initial delay in correspondence with the journal.
The journal will also publish supplements on specialized subjects. These supplements will have Guest Editors who will be eminent in the subject and he / she can choose the authors to write their articles on those specialized subjects. This will further benefit readers of IJP to gain in-depth knowledge in subjects, which may not have been regularly covered in IJP. This will provide a platform to learned authors to share their research work with the readers.
I invite researchers to publish their work in IJP and make it a valuable journal of Indian origin to spread knowledge and awareness. I welcome any constructive suggestions from the readers to improve the journal.