| RESEARCH PAPER
|Year : 1989 | Volume
| Issue : 4 | Page : 144-152
A study on the selectivity of action of (+) INPEA and vasicine in different isolated tissue preparations
C Madappa, A Sankaranarayanan, PL Sharma
1. The action of (+) INPEA and vasicine on the isolated rat uterus, guinea pig uterus, rat mammary gland, guinea pig ileum and guinea pig tracheal chain were studied.
2. (+) INPEA (1' g/ml and 10 'g/ml) and vasicine (1 'g/ml and 10 'g/ml) elicited a stimulant action, with an increase in amplitude and frequency of contractions in the isolated rat and guinea pig uterus.
3. Vasicine (1 'g/ml) potentiated the action of oxytocin in isolated rat mammary strip preparation.
4. Vasicine (1 'g/ml) potentiated the action of barium chloride evoked contractions in guinea pig ileum.
5. The study indicates that ( + ) INPEA shows selectivity for uterine tissue.
Source of Support: None, Conflict of Interest: None