| RESEARCH PAPER
|Year : 1988 | Volume
| Issue : 2 | Page : 114-121
Effects of cocaine and morphine on vision in rabbits
1. This study investigated effects of two drugs of abuse. viz. cocaine and morphine on two selected parameters of visual function in rabbits. The e-end-b- wave amplitudes of electroretinogram (ERG), and the wavelength of maximum absorbance (( max.) of the major photosensitive pigment, rhodopsin were studied.
2. There was reduction of a - and b - wave amplitudes under the influence of cocaine. end increase of a - end b-wave amplitudes under the influence of morphine.
3. ER 3 pattern wee distorted by both drugs.
4. High correlation was found between changes of a - end b-wave amplitudes end drug dose levels.
5. ( max. of rhodopsin remained unchanged under the influence of either durg.
Y K Purandare
Source of Support: None, Conflict of Interest: None