IPSIndian Journal of Pharmacology
Home  IPS  Feedback Subscribe Top cited articles Login 
Users Online : 1739 
Small font sizeDefault font sizeIncrease font size
Navigate Here
 »   Next article
 »   Previous article
 »   Table of Contents

Resource Links
 »   Similar in PUBMED
 »  Search Pubmed for
 »  Search in Google Scholar for
 »Related articles
 »   Citation Manager
 »   Access Statistics
 »   Reader Comments
 »   Email Alert *
 »   Add to My List *
 * Requires registration (Free)
 

 Article Access Statistics
    Viewed1505    
    Printed84    
    Emailed0    
    PDF Downloaded179    
    Comments [Add]    

Recommend this journal

 

 SHORT COMMUNICATION
Year : 1987  |  Volume : 19  |  Issue : 2  |  Page : 145-148

Pattern of prescribed and OTC drugs in north Goa



Correspondence Address:
S S Hede


Login to access the Email id

Source of Support: None, Conflict of Interest: None


Rights and PermissionsRights and Permissions

1. Analysis of drugs dispensed in four pharmacies of North Goa reveals that of the total 2456 drugs, 75.45 % were prescribed drugs whereas the remainder 24.55% comprised of OTC drugs. 2. Tonics, antibiotics and analgesics formed the highest percentage of prescribed drugs whereas tonics, analgesics and locally acting drugs formed the higbest percentage among OTC drugs. 3. Brand names were more prevalent than generic names. 4. Many drug combinations fulfilled the criteria of desirable drug interactions. No adverse drug interactions were obvious in any of the prescriptions together with the tendency of limited prescribing.






[PDF]*


        
Print this article     Email this article

Site Map | Home | Contact Us | Feedback | Copyright and Disclaimer
Online since 20th July '04
Published by Wolters Kluwer - Medknow