| RESEARCH PAPER
|Year : 1987 | Volume
| Issue : 2 | Page : 100-107
Cardiac effects of quercetin on the isolated rabbit and frog heart preparations
BB Bhansali, Vyas Subhash, RK Goyal
1. Quercetin produced dose dependent increase in force of contraction in isolated frog and rabbit heart preparations with simultaneous decrease in heart rate.
2. The dose dependent inotropic responses of quercetin were significantly inhibited by propranolol and practolol. Theophylline potentlated and imidazole attenuated the responses to quercetin significantly.
3. Quercetin responses were altered by changes in calcium chloride/sodium chloride/ potassium chloride concentrations In the perfusion fluid.
4. Ethylenediamine tetraacetic acid (EDTA), significantly inhibited the responses to querce tin.
5. The results suggest that quercetio induced positive inotropic effects are probably due to an increase in the availability of intracellular calcium.
B B Bhansali
Source of Support: None, Conflict of Interest: None