| RESEARCH PAPER
|Year : 1986 | Volume
| Issue : 3 | Page : 168-170
Cardiovascular effects of ▀2-stimulants and their mechanisms
MP Shrivastava, SD Dharmadhikari, KJ Gharpure, PG Dasputra
1. The study was conducted in 5 healthy human volunteers to compare the effect on heart rate and blood pressure of three (2 , stimulants, salbutamol (4 mg) terbutaline (5 mg) and orciprenaline (20 mg). Two beta blockers, propranolol (40 mg) and metoprolol (50 mg) were also used to elucidate underlying mechanisms
2. All three (2 stimulants produced increase in heart rate (HR) and systolic BP and a fall in diastolic BP.
3. Effect on HR seems to be through cardiac (land. (2 receptors.
4. Effect on syst. B P seems to be through (I receptors.
5. Fall in diastolic B P seems to be mediated through (2 receptors.
M P Shrivastava
Source of Support: None, Conflict of Interest: None