| RESEARCH PAPER
|Year : 1986 | Volume
| Issue : 3 | Page : 158-162
Effects of levamisole on isolated anococcygeus muscle of rat
KK Shah, OD Gulati, KG Hemavathi
1. Effects of levamisole (Lev) were investigated on the rat isolated anococcygeus muscle.
2. Lev in low concentration (2.8x10-5 M) per se elicited no contractile effect on the Prepration but potentiated (P<0.05) the responses to noradrenaline (3.13x10-8 M to 9.39x10-7 M).
3. Higher concentrations of lev (4.15x10-5 M to 1.24x10-3 M) elicited dose-related contractile responses, which were blocked by phentolamine (3.26xlO-8M).
4. In reserpinized tissue the dose-response curve of lev was inhibited ( p<0.01)
5. Pretreatment with cocaine (8.83x10-6M and 2.94x10-5 M), normetanephrine (5.46 x lO-5 M), nialamide (3.35 X $a1 10-5M) or tropolone (4.1 X 1O-4M) and combination of nialamide and tropolone significantly (p
K K Shah
Source of Support: None, Conflict of Interest: None